Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I wonder what it would be like to have my own blog?!



Okay.... anyone who knows me, knows that I'm one to jump into whatever trend or phase is happening at the moment. I admit it: I am a bandwagon hitchhiker. Now, the duration of my ride may vary quite a bit however. So today, as I am doing my daily Facebook creeping (don't act like you don't know what I am talking about.... each of you go on multiple times a day to see what is going on with people you are not necessarily avoiding but do not prefer face-to-face contact with.... don't you?!) I couldn't help but notice several of my friends (actual friends, not those I keep up with via Facebook only) are now bloggers and I began to wonder, "What could I blog about?" So of course, badda-bing, badda-boom! Here I go throwing my hat in the ring!

Now, I wish that I could say that I am as blessed with writing skills as I am with the gift of gab. But, unfortunately, I am not. Nonetheless, I vow to give it a try and add a little wonder to the world with this bandwagon trip.

I next wondered, "What in the world do I have to blog about?" Then I was inspired as I was thinking to my nephew's ballgame last night and this past weekend spent with my niece. Now, for a little background. I am one of four children: my brother Wesley is the oldest, then me, a younger sister Lacey and the baby is Brad. I've laughed over the years at the number of times I've been asked if I am William's little sister and how strange it is that people from our tiny little town do not know all four of us. Many know either we two older kids or just us girls. But few know all four of us. Anyway... I'm rambling.

This blog is about the funny times and comments from my brother Wesley and his daughter Jessica. Even if she didn't look like him with her dark hair and blue eyes, there would be no denying their kinship once you've had a conversation with Jessi. She is so much like Wes it's laughable in itself. Wesley can just mention to me he is going to tell a joke and I bend over laughing just preparing for it. That trait was definitely passed to Jessi. I really need to start keeping a journal of all the off-the-wall comments she makes and share them with you. But for now, I'll just try to remember some.
My beautiful niece & I at her 8th grade graduation, May 2011.

She spent most of this past weekend with me and keep me giggling. The comment that had me snorting the most was when we were watching something on TV (probably the iParty with Victoria on Nickelodeon... What?! You missed it?! Don't worry. We DVR'd it!) when there was a good-sized fella on a commercial. She proceeds to say, "WOW! That guy's got more chins than a Chinese phone book!" I literally laughed out loud for SOOOO long! Then when I nearly had myself composed, she goes on to say, "I have no idea what that means." Bless her heart. Once I explain, she finds the humor in it too.

Now..... where does she get it from? Wesley is the world's greatest joke teller EVER, in my opinion at least. He's funny without even trying. For example, he was telling me last night about what happened to him at lunch yesterday. He was eating at some Mom & Pop restaurant but dropped his fork on the floor. He went to a little station there that housed all the napkins, forks, straws and such. The metal container that should've held the forks was not the cleanest. Apparently, it was pretty gross. And trust me, for something to be gross to him, it's REALLY bad. The waitress came up to help him out and took his fork to get him another but he stops her. He said, "Never mind. I'll just keep mine. At least I know where it's been." He wiped it off and went back to eating with his dropped fork.

I know. I know. It may not be all that hilarious, but the facial expressions and tone really add to the humor. Plus, he's my big brother. I still idolize him.

So, until next time..... Add some wonder and amazement to your day. Find some humor in your day, even if it's only funny to you.
Wesley, Jessica and my sister-in-law Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment